iExec is a cutting-edge Blockchain startup headquartered in Lyon, France.
We are building the future of the Internet, nothing less ! By combining Blockchain and Cloud, our technology offers the first distributed marketplace to monetize servers, applications, storage and other services directly on the Ethereum Blockchain.
At iExec, we are pioneers of Cloud decentralization, and the adventure is just beginning! After a successful crowdfunding campaign, the iExec team is expanding rapidly. We are looking for the best developers, researchers and marketers to join an ambitious project and actively participate in the Blockchain revolution.
As a Java Cloud Software Engineer, you will design, architect and develop iExec middleware to make it scalable, elastic, highly-available, fault-tolerant, secure and still usable !
- Our technology is mostly based on Java software stack. You must have an extensive experience with open-source software and java friendly Cloud environment (openshift, kubertines)
- You select amongst the java cloud ecosystem the technologies which are the most relevant to the project (java camel, zookeeper.)
- You understand the potential of microservices and ready to propose compliant architecture.
- You master the major network services and protocols as well as innovative technologies
- You show a good commitment to software developments best practices and understand the importance of test driven developments.
- You are autonomous and able to take initiative
- You will work in close cooperation with Devops, testers, developers team following agile methods.
What we are looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- You already have an strong experience in a open source Java engineering role (3y+) with identified contribution
- You are productive, dedicated and you deliver on time. Ability to assess the development effort.
- Ready to propose innovative solution based on emerging technologies.
- Familiar with continuous build, continuous integration, continuous deployment, CI/CD pipelines (jenkins, travis, circle CI, fabric8).
- Familiar with containers and associated Java technology (Openshift, Kubernetes, zookeeper)
- Familiar with NoSQL database & key/value store (Cassandra)
- Familiar with microservices (Spring boot, Wildfly swarm)
- Fully comfortable with Java language, shell scripting and proficient with Linux, Apache, Mysql to OpenStack and more
- Enjoy learning technologies
Nice to have:
- Already experienced in crypto currency usage and blockchain technology.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in French!
- Bitcoin distribution based on performance
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter, sports and culture benefits
- Fully stocked beverage bar, weekly happy hours